Sending out email campaigns is extremely important for nearly every business, including us. We all use email campaigns for different purposes, such as promotion alerts, product updates and event information. As different as every email campaign is, we all want our campaigns to running successfully and learn how we can improve them for future campaigns.
At SailPlay, we wanted to make sure all of our clients could do just that. We recently introduced a few new updates to our emails, including analytics, variables and more. See below for what we updated for you.
New Email Analytics Interface
Now after deploying an email, go back to your email in SailPlay Sender and select the email. You will notice a new analytics interface containing many new necessary metrics, such as:
- The percentage of undelivered messages, either hard or soft bounce
- The number of open emails and the number of notes (in the context of different channels of notification)
- Number of clicks by device type, either Mobile or Desktop
In addition to the delivery analytics, there is now a graph that depicts the number of open emails by the hour.
Also to help you understand how your customers are clicking on email links, we have created a click map. The click map shows the distribution of clicks on the different links in the body of the email.
And in the future, we will be gathering feedback from our customers to make additional updates. In the meantime, if you have any comments or questions, please contact your technical account manager.
Updates to Email Template Interface
In the past, the email templates page took too long to open, due to the number of templates in SailPlay Sender. In the most recent update, we took on this challenge and updated the logic when downloading templates. As a result, this page now opens much faster, making it more efficient for our customers.
New Email Variables
We have transferred some variables that were previously only available in trigger campaigns. For example, now in email campaigns you can use the following variable, $ [user [‘origin_user_id’]], which will show each unique customer’s user ID in your system.
We will publish more detailed documentation on available variables in the near future.
Updating the Logic of Accounting for Discoveries and Referrals
The SailPlay Sender team regularly conducts product audits, including all issues related to the delivery of emails and the logic of the mail services (such as Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). Often there are questions related to specific algorithms for the operation of individual mail services. Below are listed some typical examples.
- The Gmail web interface does not load static files directly, but uses a proxy interface. And the proxy interface has its own special features. For example, a static file that does not have unique parameters is cached on the side of the proxy interface.
- One of Yahoo’s mail clients downloads the static files even before the customer actually opens the email.
- The mail client, which is distributed with Xiaomi, arbitrarily cuts the GET-parameters of email links.
- Some of the mail clients “cut out” the pixels, which track opened emails.
- Some of the email services, contrary to the standards of the protocol, do not send the status of the delivery of the message to the recipient’s box and etc.
To solve all such problems, the following changes were made:
- Updated the logic of accounting for discoveries and transitions, taking into account all the new problems that we have faced recently.
- The format of addresses for transitions is changed to the side of rejection of GET-parameters.
If you want to learn more about these updates or register for a free demo, please visit us at sailplay.net/contact-us/.